List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    SOLVED, but... [Was: Re: Konqueror & flash - problems]
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-12-18 5:55:02

> kpac: KPACDiscovery::tryDiscovery(): trying DHCP
>
> WHAT THE HELL MEANS THE LAST LINE ??? What DHCP ? My system is permanently
> connected over the ISDN line, it has a _static IP address_ (even serves as a
> router for my local LAN), DNS is fully working, even RIPE knows about my
> addresses and this little thing decides to start DHCP! :-) :-) :-)
> Of course it hangs because there is no DHCP on my network...
>
>                                                   With regards, Pavel Troller
Hi!
  I'm compiling from sources mainly to be able to read them... So I've found that
the DHCP is invoked to find the proxy. I verified my proxy settings in konq and
found that I have the "use proxy" button checked together with the "Automatically
detect script file". I probably played with it formerly... OK, my stupidity.
  So I unchecked this, started browsing, and the situation repeated. I then
verified the setting and it was checked again! I've found that I CAN'T DISABLE
THE PROXY. Once I press "OK" on the konq config dialog and invoke it again, it's
just as before, i.e. active! This is definitely a bug.
  The worst thing is that this machine is running a Squid proxy and I was unable
to set it up easily. Formerly I was able to enter the proxy IP, i.e. 127.0.0.1 in my
case, but now, I need at least an environment variable for this. WHY ??? I hacked
it by entering HOSTNAME as a HTTP proxy address, but it can't be treated as an
universal method.
  It's also interesting that such a change was saved and now it works well.

                                              With regards, Pavel Troller