List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror web browser works with MSN.com
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-10-28 22:38:13

On Sunday 28 October 2001 14:24, Kevin Reichard wrote:
> When did you do this? I just tried msn.com with Netscape 4.7 and 6.1
> (Linux and Windows), Amaya (Windows and Linux), Mozilla (Windows and
> Linux), and Opera (Windows and Linux) identifying itself as Mozilla 5.0,
> 4.7, IE, and Opera, and in each case the page loaded correctly.

I forgot to add: neither http://www.msn.com nor http://photos.msn.com
validates by W3C Validator, as of now
(so, nothing changed from Friday, Oct.26th)

So, Microsoft's claims about standard-compliance are false and misleading.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.msn.com&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline

------------------------------------

URI: http://www.msn.com/

Server:   Microsoft-IIS/5.0

Content Length:  28089

Detected Character Encoding:  utf-8
Fatal Error: no document type declaration; will parse without validation

 I could not parse this document, because it uses a public identifier that is
not in my catalog.

 You should make the first line of your HTML document a DOCTYPE declaration,
for example, for a typical HTML 4.01 document:

      <HTML>
        <HEAD>
          <TITLE>Title</TITLE>
        </HEAD>

        <BODY>
          <-- ... body of document ... -->
        </BODY>
      </HTML>

Sorry, I can't validate this document.

Source Listing

Below is the source input I used for this validation:

http-equiv="PICS-Label" content="(pics-1.1
&quot;http://www.icra.org/ratingsv02.html&quot; l r (cz 1 lz 1 nz 1 oz 1 vz
1) gen true for &quot;http://www.msn.com&quot; r (cz 1 lz 1 nz 1 oz 1 vz 1)
&quot;http://www.rsac.org/ratingsv01.html&quot; l

and:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fphotos.msn.com&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline

URI:
http://photos.msn.com I was redirected to
http://photos.msn.com/home.aspx?MSID=69607708390548F3979EC7D4DD618EAC

Server:   Microsoft-IIS/5.0

Content Length:   41648

Detected Character Encoding:   utf-8

Fatal Error: no document type declaration; will parse without validation

 I could not parse this document, because it uses a public identifier that is
not in my catalog.

 You should make the first line of your HTML document a DOCTYPE declaration,
for example, for a typical HTML 4.01 document:

      <HTML>
        <HEAD>
          <TITLE>Title</TITLE>
        </HEAD>

        <BODY>
          <-- ... body of document ... -->
        </BODY>
      </HTML>

Sorry, I can't validate this document.

Source Listing

Below is the source input I used for this validation:

PictureIt.msn.com served from TK2HIPWBA07 on 10/28/2001 1:45:32 PM-->"
name="HIPServerInfo"></meta><meta content="(pics-1.1

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)