List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KParts vs. Plugins in Konqi
From:       Maarten ter Huurne <mth () stack ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-21 22:08:21

On Sunday 21 October 2001 18:37, Ryan Breen wrote:

> I'm writing an addon for Konqueror, and I'm having trouble determining the
> best approach to take.  My development goal is to create a system
> management program that looks to the end user like a web app (all user
> interaction is driven through KHTML).  I need to be able to intercept user
> naviagtion, translate it into the appropriate work behind the scenes, and
> then generate the next 'page' of output and options.

Why do you want a program like that integrated with Konqueror? You can use
the KHTML part in your own application, without using anything from Konqueror.

From the user perspective I think that makes more sense as well. System
management is not something the user does all the time when browsing, so it
is more convenient to have this option somewhere in the applications menu
(K/Start menu) rather than having it inside Konqueror.

Or maybe you can integrate your program in the Control Center?

Bye,
		Maarten