List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KJS API changes
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-10-19 14:51:14

On Friday 19 October 2001 15:20, Peter Kelly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recently been coding a reworking of the KJS API for KDE 3.0. This
> has involved a number of changes in structure, and as such the new API
> will be source incompatible with the 2.x series. The only code that
> uses KJS that I know of is khtml and kpac, so I do not anticipate this
> being a major inconvenience to other develoeprs out there (if it is,
> let me know!).

It is a bit of a pain for me as I'm working on an XML editor which has an
embedded KJS engine. It also has a KJS-QObject bridge and a binding to the
QWidgetFactory dialog loader, so any API changes are likely to break things.
I am hoping to make the bridge stuff part of kdelibs soon as it is generic
(eg. you can write plugins with it).

I haven't had time to look at your changes in detail yet, but please be aware
that there is code depending on this stuff.

Cheers

Rich.