List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: Kmail - greyed out emails
From:       Erik Quaeghebeur <mail.kde.org () e3q ! eu>
Date:       2022-04-02 13:02:38

Dear Ian,

> > > I've got a weird situation in kmail with one email […]
> > >
> > > Its repeated 15 times, there are 4 single copies in the local folder and one \
> > > copy with the rest below it as a thread. […]
> > > They are all greyed out and I can't select any of them to delete them.
> > >
> > > Any ideas how i can remove them?
> >
> > One possibility is that the mails got the \Deleted flag set in some way. With \
> > akonadiconsole it is possible to delete such mails o remove their \Deleted flag.
> > So install akonadiconsole if you do not have it already. Then open the browser \
> > tab, navigate to the folder where the greyed=out mails are present. Change the \
> > view as necessary to find the mails that are greyed out in KMail. You can select \
> > all of them and right click. In the context menu that appears, you have the \
> > option to delete them. You can also, after selecting one mail, below right remove \
> > the \Deleted flag from a mail, if present (do not forget to press Save).
> > If a \Deleted flag being set is not the issue, I do not know what could be the \
> > issue.
>
> None of the greyed out emails show up in the browser, in fact no emails show in \
> that folder at all even though there are lots there.

That is extremely puzzling. Both kmail and akonadiconsole are essentially frontends \
to the akonadi database. The latter is a bit more low-level and should more closely \
represent what is in the database. It does not make sense that kmail should be able \
to show entries while akonadiconsole cannot. (I assume your restarted kmail so that \
any in-memory data structures have been reloaded from the akonadi database.)

* If you look at other folders and resources/accounts in akonadiconsole's browser, \
does their content correspond to what you see in kmail/kaddressbook/…?

* In the Agents tab, are there any resources with errors or off-line?

* In the DB Browser tab, selecting the PimItemTable and sorting on ‘dirty' (1 \
before 0), are there any entries with 1 in that column?

Best,

Erik