List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: Kmail - greyed out emails
From:       Ianseeks <bingmybong () btinternet ! com>
Date:       2022-04-03 8:48:04

On Saturday, 2 April 2022 14:02:38 BST Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> Dear Ian,

> > > One possibility is that the mails got the \Deleted flag set in some way. With \
> > > akonadiconsole it is possible to delete such mails o remove their \Deleted \
> > > flag.
> > > So install akonadiconsole if you do not have it already. Then open the browser \
> > > tab, navigate to the folder where the greyed=out mails are present. Change the \
> > > view as necessary to find the mails that are greyed out in KMail. You can \
> > > select all of them and right click. In the context menu that appears, you have \
> > > the option to delete them. You can also, after selecting one mail, below right \
> > > remove the \Deleted flag from a mail, if present (do not forget to press Save). \
> > >  If a \Deleted flag being set is not the issue, I do not know what could be the \
> > > issue.
> >
> > None of the greyed out emails show up in the browser, in fact no emails show in \
> > that folder at all even though there are lots there.
>
> That is extremely puzzling. Both kmail and akonadiconsole are essentially frontends \
> to the akonadi database. The latter is a bit more low-level and should more closely \
> represent what is in the database. It does not make sense that kmail should be able \
> to show entries while akonadiconsole cannot. (I assume your restarted kmail so that \
> any in-memory data structures have been reloaded from the akonadi database.)
> * If you look at other folders and resources/accounts in akonadiconsole's browser, \
> does their content correspond to what you see in kmail/kaddressbook/…?
In the Collection window, the Folder with the greyed out emails it does say 15 in the \
unread column (which is correct) and 801 in the Total column but no emails are in the \
subject window. For the rest of the folders in the Collection window:-
all the folders have a number in the Total column but with some folders, there are no \
emails in the Subject window and in other folders there are a few emails but not as \
many as it says in the Total column.

> * In the Agents tab, are there any resources with errors or off-line?
All "Ready"

> * In the DB Browser tab, selecting the PimItemTable and sorting on ‘dirty' (1 \
> before 0), are there any entries with 1 in that column?
5 items set to True but  "datetime" 2020/21 with "atime" 2020/21/22

Thanks for your responses
Ian

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20220331
Qt: 5.15.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.92.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.24.3 - kwin 5.24.3