List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Remote calendar and addressbooks
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-22 12:10:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 22 January 2008 09:37:42 Andreas Petzold wrote:

> Yes, the groupware folders look just like regular folders. But wait,
> when you create the folders in dIMAP account, the dailog where you
> enter the name of the folder has a drop down menu where you can choose
> the contents of the folder. Among the possible choices are "Contacts",
> "Calendar" etc. Did you specify the correct contents?

I don't have a drop-down list.  Back to basics.  Just how do you manually add
this folder?  Maybe I'm getting it wrong.

> To investigate why a folder doesn't show up in the subscription list,
> I've  created a new subfolder in my dIMAP account. And right after
> creation, it didn't appear in the subscription list! Only after I had
> synced the dIMAP account with the server did the folder show up in the
> subscription list.

Confirmed.  I sync'd the dIMAP account and the folders are added to the
subscription list.

> >> And when you have the resource folders, add the IMAP resources to your
> >> kaddressbook and korganizer.
> >
> > If I ever get that far :-)

I tried adding the resources, but they just give me an empty addressbook and
calendar.

> Don't give up!

I don't give up easily :-)

> You could try using 'kolabwizard' if we are not getting
> it to work manually but the wizard has it's own problems as I
> mentioned earlier in this thread.

A last resort, then, but I'll bear it in mind.

Anne