List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Remote calendar and addressbooks
From:       Andreas Petzold <Andreas.Petzold () mailbox ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2008-01-22 13:32:23

This message is in MIME format.

Quoting Anne Wilson <cannewilson@googlemail.com>:
> On Tuesday 22 January 2008 09:37:42 Andreas Petzold wrote:
>>
>> Yes, the groupware folders look just like regular folders. But wait,
>> when you create the folders in dIMAP account, the dailog where you
>> enter the name of the folder has a drop down menu where you can choose
>> the contents of the folder. Among the possible choices are "Contacts",
>> "Calendar" etc. Did you specify the correct contents?
>>
> I don't have a drop-down list.  Back to basics.  Just how do you manually add
> this folder?  Maybe I'm getting it wrong.

When I add folders to either my IMAP or dIMAP account by using the
"Add Subfolder" context menu, the dialog window looks like the
attached picture. In the "Folder contains:" drop down list, you can
choose from "Mail","Calender" etc.

>> To investigate why a folder doesn't show up in the subscription list,
>> I've  created a new subfolder in my dIMAP account. And right after
>> creation, it didn't appear in the subscription list! Only after I had
>> synced the dIMAP account with the server did the folder show up in the
>> subscription list.
>>
> Confirmed.  I sync'd the dIMAP account and the folders are added to the
> subscription list.

great.

>> > If I ever get that far :-)
>>
> I tried adding the resources, but they just give me an empty addressbook and
> calendar.

It sounds like you are almost there! Lets try to get the address book
working. Activate Contacts -> Settings -> Show Extension -> Address
Books. What does it show? In my setup it shows the following tree:

imap address book (which is just the name of the imap resouce)

|_ <dIMAP account name>[/<Folder names>]/Contacts

If the second branch is not showing up, somehow the IMAP resource
doesn't know which folders to use. This might be remedied by assigning
the correct contents type to the groupware folders as I explained
above, but that's just a guess.

Cheers,

Andreas

["imapaddsubfolder.png" (image/png)]