List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Remote calendar and addressbooks
From:       Andreas Petzold <Andreas.Petzold () mailbox ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2008-01-22 9:37:42

Hi Anne,

Quoting Googlemail <cannewilson@googlemail.com>:
> On Friday 18 January 2008 19:14, Andreas Petzold wrote:
>>
>> I cannot remember that I ever created the groupware folders myself,
>> I'm pretty sure it was done automatically. As Ingo already said, you
>> could manually create them. The folder names are: Calendar, Contacts,
>> Journal, Notes, Tasks.
>>
> I've un-hidden the resources, and I've created the folders - under Inbox.
> I've tried both top-level and under Inbox.  The just look like mail folders,
> and don't appear on the subscription list.

Yes, the groupware folders look just like regular folders. But wait,
when you create the folders in dIMAP account, the dailog where you
enter the name of the folder has a drop down menu where you can choose
the contents of the folder. Among the possible choices are "Contacts",
"Calendar" etc. Did you specify the correct contents?

To investigate why a folder doesn't show up in the subscription list,
I've  created a new subfolder in my dIMAP account. And right after
creation, it didn't appear in the subscription list! Only after I had
synced the dIMAP account with the server did the folder show up in the
subscription list.

>> > OK - right-click on the dImap folder.  I have subscribed to a few
>> > folders that
>> > would be handy when I'm off-line.  That list of folders shows up in both
>> > Local Subscriptions and Subscriptions.  When I tried to remove them from
>> > Subscriptions they disappeared from Local Subscriptions.
>>
>> In my setup the dIMAP account subscribes only to the groupware folders
>> and it doesn't have any folders locally subscribed.
>>

>> can you try again, after you have created the groupwar folders by hand?
>>
> As far as I can tell, I've followed Ingo's advice to leave
> everything visible.
> Still there are no system-created groupwarefolders.  And I can't see how to
> use the ones I've created.  They look wrong.
>
>> And when you have the resource folders, add the IMAP resources to your
>> kaddressbook and korganizer.
>>
> If I ever get that far :-)

Don't give up! You could try using 'kolabwizard' if we are not getting
it to work manually but the wizard has it's own problems as I
mentioned earlier in this thread.

Cheers,

Andreas