List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Remote calendar and addressbooks
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-17 13:32:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 17 Jan 2008, Andreas Petzold wrote:
> Hi Anne,
>
> Quoting Anne Wilson <cannewilson@googlemail.com>:
> > After getting a hard drive replacement I am struggling to get my laptop
> > running smoothly again.  One of my biggest headaches is that something
> > drastic seems to have changed in samba-client, and I can't get my remote
> > calendar and addressbook.
> >
> > When adding a resource, I see that one option is 'Calendar on IMAP server
> > via KMail'.  How does this work?  What do I need for it?
>
> I'm using IMAP resources for contacts, my calendar etc. for quite a
> while now, and it works fine. You don't need kolab for this!
>
> Let me describe my setup, so you can check whether this might be a
> solution you can use. It's a rather lengthy description, but if you
> get it working, it's really cool. I share the same address book,
> calendar etc. between all my kmail installations anywhere in the world
> and it works like a charm. I've never had any problems like data loss.
> The latter occurred frequently when sharing my address book via ssh
> (Network address book).

<snip>
Thanks, Andreas.  I need a little time to absorb all that.  To save time,
though, may I ask a question?

Does this entirely depend upon using dimap?  I only use plain imap (connecting
to my dovecot server).  I could create a dimap account if necessary, but I'll
not bother if it isn't necessary.

> I've posted a few of the details already in a thread from August 2007
> where Ingo and Volker were trying to help me to get the local
> subscription working.

I'll also check the archives and try to locate that thread.

I'll probably be back with more, questions, though :-)  Thanks again

Anne