List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] 17 reasons to Love or Hate kwallet...
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-06-21 11:02:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 21 Jun 2007, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Jean-Philippe <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 Jun 2007, Gracia M. Littauer wrote:
> >> can one get rid of kwallet? It's an enormous PITA & keeps coming up when
> >> I use kmail.
> >
> > Waouw what a thread. 17 reasons to Love or Hate kwallet...
> >
> > -What's the use you have it for ? Joshua needs it: it is saving him time.
> > I don't, but trying not to use it made it pop at all time proposing it's
> > services, and lecturing me about its virtues...
>
> Well, because it IS a good thing to use.
>
> > kwallet is a subsystem, should be treated as such, and the
> > kdeboyz'n'girls out there could lower its "profile" since it's only
> > relevant to
> > mid-to-advanced users in a relatively complex environment.
>
> Actually, I don't think so. Even "normal" users can greatly benefit
> from tools like kwallet, as also normal users have a lot of passwords.
> Think about all the different websites or maybe even banking related
> stuff.

Now there I draw the line :-)  I store everything else in the wallet, but not
banking passwords.

> What's bad about kwallet?

The only thing mentioned so far is that it keeps 'popping up'.  I've explained
how to stop that.  If there really is something else I wish it would be
defined.  We can't help if we don't know what the problem is.

Anne