List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] 17 reasons to Love or Hate kwallet...
Date:       2007-06-24 4:11:48

On Thursday 21 Jun 2007 10:15:00 pm Jean-Philippe wrote:
> Waouw what a thread. 17 reasons to Love or Hate kwallet...
>
> -What's the use you have it for ? Joshua needs it: it is saving him time. I
> don't, but trying not to use it made it pop at all time proposing it's
> services, and lecturing me about its virtues...
>
> -What's the target user like ? How hard is it to config for the end user ?
> If obfuscated down three levels of a control panel, the basic user will get
> nervous.

This really surprises me. I can't remember ever wrestling with KWallet.
KWallet just worked. In fact i did not know that it was there doing all that
stuff for me until one day when i simply could not remember a
username/password when i used firefox on my system. Konqueror remembered it
but had trouble with the page. I thought konqueror was storing the
username/password. I tried to find it and discovered KWallet. Then i recalled
my data with KWallet manager. Read about it and realized i could get rid of
the password popup at KDE launch. I did that and here i am!

I love this little thing. Never came in my way. Am i just lucky? I don't think
so...
--
Cheers!
kitts