List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kmail, losing emails "Help"
From:       "Roy J. Tellason" <rtellason () verizon ! net>
Date:       2007-05-26 0:12:02

On Friday 25 May 2007 14:17, Rick wrote:
> it would appear, there something gone wrong with kmail,
> its losing email, when click on a email, and any folder, some of them,
> will change from "Whatever subject message" to "No Subject", and be blank.
>
> this is very odd....
>
> ie: subject: "kubuntu feisty update": when click on that email it would
> change it to: ie: NO SUBUJECT and be blank ???
>
> Anyone?

I've encountered such stuff when KDE either crashed or was shut down
improperly ("killed") outside of itself,  causing some kind of corruption to
the files.

There were instances of a large number of such "messages" showing up in such
places as the outbox,  which is normally empty,  for example,  and deleting
each and every one of the posts in question usually fixed things.  I don't
recall them showing up much in other folders unless one happened to be in
that folder when things got stopped.  I don't recall actually losing much if
any mail in the process.

-
M Dakin