List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Non-persistent keyboard shortcuts
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-24 17:49:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 24 May 2007 00:32, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> In both Fedora and Kubuntu with KDE 3.5.6 I have a problem with
> keyboard shortcuts in KDE applications. The Fedora machine is an AMD
> desktop, and the Kubuntu machine is an unrelated Dell laptop with an
> Intel processor. The two machines have no common files.
>
> When I define certain keyboard shortcuts and close an application,
> the shortcut definitions 'disappear' and must be redefined. They work
> fine so long as the app is open, but closing and reopening the app
> loses the keyboard shortcut definitions.
>
> For instance, In Kmail I define ATL-Q as "mark message as important",
> ALT-A as "mark message as ham" and ALT-Z as "mark message as spam".
> These shortcuts work fine for the hours that I use Kmail. When I
> close Kmail, and then open it again (not necessarily logging out),
> ALT-Q stays defined as "mark message as important" but ALT-A and
> ALT-Z do nothing. I must redefine them.

The options "Mark Message as Ham/Spam" are dynamically created through
filters. You have to define those shortcuts in the filter
configuration, i.e. find the corresponding filters, switch to the
Advanced filter settings and then set the Shortcut.

Hmm, where do you see "Mark Message as Ham/Spam" anyway? In my Message
menu under Mark Message there are only Read, New, Unread, Important,
To-do.

Regards,
Ingo