List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Non-persistent keyboard shortcuts
From:       "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-24 18:25:32

On 24/05/07, Ingo Klöcker <kloecker@kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 24 May 2007 00:32, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > In both Fedora and Kubuntu with KDE 3.5.6 I have a problem with
> > keyboard shortcuts in KDE applications. The Fedora machine is an AMD
> > desktop, and the Kubuntu machine is an unrelated Dell laptop with an
> > Intel processor. The two machines have no common files.
> >
> > When I define certain keyboard shortcuts and close an application,
> > the shortcut definitions 'disappear' and must be redefined. They work
> > fine so long as the app is open, but closing and reopening the app
> > loses the keyboard shortcut definitions.
> >
> > For instance, In Kmail I define ATL-Q as "mark message as important",
> > ALT-A as "mark message as ham" and ALT-Z as "mark message as spam".
> > These shortcuts work fine for the hours that I use Kmail. When I
> > close Kmail, and then open it again (not necessarily logging out),
> > ALT-Q stays defined as "mark message as important" but ALT-A and
> > ALT-Z do nothing. I must redefine them.
>
> The options "Mark Message as Ham/Spam" are dynamically created through
> filters. You have to define those shortcuts in the filter
> configuration, i.e. find the corresponding filters, switch to the
> Advanced filter settings and then set the Shortcut.

The shortcuts you describe are for running a specific filter at a
specific time. I run the filters when the mail comes in, but it
sometimes incorrectly marks spam as ham and vice versa. To correct it,
I currently either use the shortcuts that I described, or the toolbar
buttons of the same function. Running the filter again won't help, as
the filter has already misjudged the content of the email.

> Hmm, where do you see "Mark Message as Ham/Spam" anyway? In my Message
> menu under Mark Message there are only Read, New, Unread, Important,
> To-do.

I don't have them in the menu either, but if you go to
Options|Shortcuts Settings (translated) you can set them.

> Regards,
> Ingo

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/pan.html