List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] KMail "confused" after crash
From:       Briareos <auronsrv () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-04-16 17:34:29

Hello List,

Have some of you also noticed that KMail sometimes acts kind of strange -
especially after a crash maybe?

For example: Yesterday my kmail crashed and today i could not send any E-Mails
with one of my identities. I had to delete it and create it again. Then it
worked.

Also i noticed strange behavior in the dialog where you can choose the
mailservers capabilities: Even BEFORE i clicked "check capabilities" some of
the checkboxes were inactive (could not click). I clicked another register in
the dialog and back and suddenly it was there again. In addition suddenly
the "checked"-dot suddenly hopped to another position. What I am talking
about is not the normal behavior (hopping that happens e.g. when "check
caps") is clicked ...

Any ideas?

My main question now is: is there possibility to check certain files (manually
or automatically) when a crash happens? A simple reinstall of kmail did not
help with the first problem explained above for example - of course it did
not ... :)

I am a little worried - because also I had strange behavior with the
Mail-Filtering some time ago. That was when using an older version though and
does not seem to have happened again since the update ...

Briarios
PS: Sorry if the Labels I used here to explain what I clicked and so do not
match the one's in kmail - I use a different language version.