List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kontact and Kpilot: Contacts and Telephone No
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vr () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2007-04-16 12:22:10

On Monday 16 April 2007, Marcel Scheffler wrote:
> Hello Jason
>
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:14:33 -0400
>
> Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper <vr@movingparts.net> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 April 2007, Marcel Scheffler wrote:
> > > Kubuntu 6.10
> > > Version: KPilot 4.9.0 (depth9)
> > > Version: pilot-link 0.12.1
> > > Version: KDE 3.5.5
> > > Version: Qt 3.3.6
>
> [...]
>
> > > And that way it always ends: 2 No in Kontact and 3 No in Treo.
> > > I can erease here and change there, but it always comes back to this.
> > >
> > > I seems like Kontact and the Palm are not talking about the same
> > > contact prefs here. Mobile is prefered is other...
>
> [...]
>
> > Um.  Can you check what is selected in kpilot's configuration section
> > for Addressbook | Fields | Other?  I saw some goofy behavior from this
> > recently and found that it was because my "handheld other phone" was
> > set to something bizarre.  It should be set to "Other phone", it sounds
> > like from what you're saying.  Can you try playing with this and see if
> > it helps?
>
> I have tried it. It was set to "Assistant", so I changed it to "Other
> Phonenumber" and synced.
> That does the trick, I got the right 2 phone numbers for that special
> contact.
>
> So, thanks again for your help.
>
> Cheers
> Marcel

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the good report back!  =:)  This one bit me also.  I just checked
and the default for this field in the GUI was eAssistant.  I just changed it
to eOtherPhone and committed it, so this hopefully won't bite anyone else.
=:/

--
 -[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
 -[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-