List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kmail: what it's doing...
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-04-06 7:36:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 05 April 2007, you wrote:
> It may be a painful experience, but maybe the move from your older setup to
> Slackware 11 has caused some settings to be messed up?  Is there a way to
> delete the behavior without deleting the email profile or emails
> themselves?  When you delete the behavior file(s) (if they exist), it
> should create new 'default' files, which you could then modify as needed.
> I've had these issues before between upgrades from one install with KDE 3.x
> to another fresh install with KDE3.x+ when keeping the same /home
> directory. (the files that you're looking for would be hidden in your
> /home/user/ somewhere)

I think that's what I'd try first.  Before deleting anything, I'd look
at /home/anne/.kde/share/config/kmailrc and the various files
in /home/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/ to see if there was anything obvious
there, causing the problem.  If I couldn't find it, I'd rename the relevant
files/folders and let kmail re-create them.  Items from the old folder could
be added back, one at a time, until the offending item is found.

Anne