List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Spammed by kmail spam filtering?
From:       "Clinton E. Troutman" <clint.troutman () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2007-03-29 19:23:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 29 March 2007, David J Brooks wrote:
> Since I set up spam filtering in kmail using the AntiSpam Wizard, I have
> been receiving empty emails with the following headers:

> Changing the setup to use bogofilter instead of spamassassin produces
> slightly different headers but the empty emails are still arriving in my
> inbox. I've looked through the filtering rules but can't find anything
> that would be sending them. Has anyone seen the behavior before or have
> any clue where I should look for a solution. I've run out of ideas other
> than disabling the spam filters altogether.
>
> David

It would seem you are seeing empty messages that were hidden from you
before...

Is it possible you had a filter in place to automatically delete empty
messages that is now "below" the spam filter? By "below", I mean lower in
the filter list indicating the spam filter is now handling those messages
and the filter you had is not acting on those messages...

If so, all that is required is to place the "empty message delete" filter
prior to the spam filter.

--
Clinton E. Troutman