List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Spammed by kmail spam filtering?
From:       David J Brooks <daeg () houston ! rr ! com>
Date:       2007-03-29 19:59:21

On Thursday 29 March 2007 02:23:17 pm Clinton E. Troutman wrote:
> On Thursday 29 March 2007, David J Brooks wrote:
> > Since I set up spam filtering in kmail using the AntiSpam Wizard, I have
> > been receiving empty emails with the following headers:

> > Changing the setup to use bogofilter instead of spamassassin produces
> > slightly different headers but the empty emails are still arriving in my
> > inbox. I've looked through the filtering rules but can't find anything
> > that would be sending them. Has anyone seen the behavior before or have
> > any clue where I should look for a solution. I've run out of ideas other
> > than disabling the spam filters altogether.
> >
> > David
>
> It would seem you are seeing empty messages that were hidden from you
> before...
>
> Is it possible you had a filter in place to automatically delete empty
> messages that is now "below" the spam filter? By "below", I mean lower in
> the filter list indicating the spam filter is now handling those messages
> and the filter you had is not acting on those messages...
>
> If so, all that is required is to place the "empty message delete" filter
> prior to the spam filter.

A bit of poking around reveals that something in the filtering process is
stripping the messages clean. I tried 'apply all filters' on a few test
messages and after processing they were empty but for the above header, and
moved into my inbox. SpamAssassin and/or Bogofilter are -eating- my incoming
mails simply by checking them.

David
--
Eeny, Meeny, Jelly Beanie, the spirits are about to speak!
		-- Bullwinkle Moose