List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] IMAP only config?
From:       Graham Cobb <g+kdepim () cobb ! uk ! net>
Date:       2007-03-26 13:50:28

Is it possible to configure kmail with an IMAP-only configuration, with no
local folders?

I would like to store all my mail in a local IMAP server, so I can access it
remotely.  At the moment I use the IMAP server for other folders but my Inbox
(as well as outbox, sent-mail, drafts and trash) is still in Local Folders.
I don't seem to be able to tell my Kmail pop accounts to download my email to
an IMAP folder -- is that right?

What about if I changed my setup to get rid of all my Kmail accounts and use
something like fetchmail to download the relevant pop accounts and put them
in my IMAP Inbox?  Can I get rid of the Local Folders?  Is there any
disadvantage or problem in doing this?

Note, as this is a local server I use online IMAP mode, not disconnected IMAP.

Graham