List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] IMAP only config?
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2007-03-26 18:22:11

Am Montag, 26. März 2007 15:50 schrieben Sie:
> Is it possible to configure kmail with an IMAP-only configuration, with no
> local folders?

yes.

> I would like to store all my mail in a local IMAP server, so I can access it
> remotely.  At the moment I use the IMAP server for other folders but my Inbox
> (as well as outbox, sent-mail, drafts and trash) is still in Local Folders.
> I don't seem to be able to tell my Kmail pop accounts to download my email to
> an IMAP folder -- is that right?

right.
pop accounts are downloaded to local folders only.

> What about if I changed my setup to get rid of all my Kmail accounts and use
> something like fetchmail to download the relevant pop accounts and put them
> in my IMAP Inbox?

that is what many of us do all the time ;-)
in addition, you can use procmail to sort mail directly into relevant folders, for mailinglists etc.
as well as spam filtering via spamssassin/bogofilter, whatever.
works very nicely here (using courier imap/fetchmail/procmail/bogofilter).

> Can I get rid of the Local Folders?  Is there any
> disadvantage or problem in doing this?

no.
besides the effort, to set it up, once :)

werner