List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] sync one palm with many pcs
From:       Robert Smits <bob () rsmits ! ca>
Date:       2007-03-20 23:58:22

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 01:43, Ralf Dragon wrote:
> Dear Mailinglist,
> I'm asking myself if it is possible to sync one pilot with multiple pcs
> (that are not connected). As it is hard to find answers at google, could
> you please give me experiences or further websites.
> Thanks,

The answer is yes you can, but you may not want to.

I use Suse 10.1, and Kpilot to sync my Palm Tungsten E on my office desktop,
my laptop, and my home desktop.

Be careful what you set your preferences to in the Kpilot setup so you don't
end up duplicating entries everywhere. My solution was to have all my
information (addressbook, email, notes, calendar, etc together on the laptop.

Then I synced to a blank Palm. Then I used that Palm to sync to the other two
computers. I still screw up occasionally and end up with duplicate events or
email addresses.

Bob.
--
Bob Smits bob@rsmits.ca