List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Caching passphrases in kmail
From:       Jean-Philippe Monteiro <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-28 1:43:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 01:42, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> I'm using kmail 3.5.2 in kubuntu dapper.
>
> The kde handbook says to use the OpenPGP tab on the Security settings page
> to configure such things as "keep passphrase in memory".
>
> The problem, of course, is that THERE IS NO OPENPGP TAB ON THE SECURITY
> SETTINGS PAGE. I see a "Configure" button on the Crypto Backends tab ...
> but that button is disabled, and I don't see any way to enable it.
>
> There has to be some way to make the tool usable. Can anyone help?

Err... I bet some things must be checked:

1) do you have KGpg installed ?
2) did you build yourself a signature in KGpg ?
3) if so, is KGpg deamon running (ie present in the systray) ?

If all this is clear, you'll have access to configuration of security/crypto
after enabling them (tickbox) in (from kontact):

-> settings -> configure kmail -> security -> crypto backends.

Please search the mailing list for keywords:
"Can't gpg sign e-mail" &&
"Boyan Tabakov turned Green ! (PGP KGpg topic)"

start dates 19 sept 2006 & 19 jan 2004

the first one is a rather long thread, but mainly with help from Boyan & Anne
I got all this security stuff up & running along these lines.

cheers [from Dumb User, CLI-Allergic kmail paranoid user]

j-philippe

P.S.: As Boyan did at the time, you are welcome to "sign" my key, I can sign
yours for testing purposes as well so you can try all the features,
valid/invalid signatures, encrypted messages & the like. Don't hesitate to
use my private address to send try-outs.

--

PHNOM PENH - CAMBODIA
ubuntu 6.06 kernel 2.6.15 Enlightenment DR16