List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Influencing how the folder hierarchy of an IMAP
From:       Eike Hein <sho () eikehein ! com>
Date:       2007-02-28 15:05:01

Moin,

first of, I'm almost entirely clueless about IMAP
beyond basic usage, so bear with me.

I seem to be stuck with an IMAP server, Courier-IMAP
specifically, that creates all folders I add to my
account as subfolders of "Inbox", which is how it
gets displayed in KMail's folder tree pane, much to
my chagrin, since I'd like for them all to show up
as top-level folders next to Inbox.

Now, Mozilla Thunderbird, the other email client I
use from time to time, has a setting called "IMAP
Server Directory", seperate from the namespace con-
fig (which I know nothing about either, fyi). When
I fill the text field of that pref with "INBOX.",
Thunderbird mangles the folder hierarchy displayed
in its folder tree pane in such a way that it is
displayed as I'd like it to be.

Basically, I'm looking for an analog to that in
KMail. Googling around, it seems there was one at
one time, called Prefix or somesuch, which seems
to be gone now. Is it still possible to achieve
the effect I desire in KMail 1.9.6 without control
over the server side?

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, sho@eikehein.com