List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Mockup for KJournal
From:       MLA <mla () forrussia ! org>
Date:       2007-02-22 10:44:22

On Thursday 22 February 2007 05:20, Jean-Philippe Monteiro wrote:
> -It'll need a classic toolbar with Print, new, previous, next, configure.
> Publish to Blog & delete could be up there.
    Naturally. I was more interested in showing the layout of the main window,
but I'll include a toolbar in the next revision.

> -An option to "Send as Email" could be handy for some.
    Just out of curiosity, what usage cases do you see for such a feature?

> -My main point: I'd like "Categories", with a category editor: the
> "multiple Journals" is a bit vague @ the moment, I would have good use of
> sub-categorisations rather than only "multiple" journals witch would mix up
> Work & Leisure for instance.
    Tags or categories are something that will definitely be in the next
revision. However, I'm not sure how best to have a selection of tags. An
entry could quite easily have several tags. What would work better: a pop-up
window containing checkboxes of tags, a list of checkboxes somewhere in the
main window (near the editing area, presumably), or a drop-down list that
allows checkboxes (I have no idea how to implement this using Designer,
however)?

> -For people like me using journals as activity tracker, a to-do "plugin" &
> mail/calendar entries counter would be usefull, if implemented in an easy
> way. That looks complicated.
    I agree, but I don't have any idea how it could be done in a
non-complicated way. Suggestions?

> -A "merge" button who'd allow any category over any period of time to be
> compiled in a single entry: All your last summer holydays in one single
> post!
    Good idea.
    :Peter