List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Mockup for KJournal
From:       Jean-Philippe Monteiro <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-22 2:20:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 21:06, MLA wrote:
>     I have posted a mockup (with the .ui file) of some ideas I have for
> KJournal (for KDE4) at
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=53529. Please tell me what
> you think, and if you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to edit
> the .ui file and send it to me. I'm sending this first to the kdepim-users
> list, because I want to hear from potential users first, before filing an
> official wishlist on bugs.kde.org.
>     Also, I whipped up the .ui file very quickly, so it lacks things like
> spacers and doesn't resize well. If this annoys you, feel free to send
> corrections. :)
>
>     :Peter

Nice work!

-It'll need a classic toolbar with Print, new, previous, next, configure.
Publish to Blog & delete could be up there.

-An option to "Send as Email" could be handy for some.

-My main point: I'd like "Categories", with a category editor: the "multiple
Journals" is a bit vague @ the moment, I would have good use of
sub-categorisations rather than only "multiple" journals witch would mix up
Work & Leisure for instance.

-For people like me using journals as activity tracker, a to-do "plugin" &
mail/calendar entries counter would be usefull, if implemented in an easy
way. That looks complicated.

-A "merge" button who'd allow any category over any period of time to be
compiled in a single entry: All your last summer holydays in one single post!

I may be pushing a bit. I am not registered on kde-looks, feel free to
post/edit/use any of the above.

Bravo

Jean-Philippe

--

PHNOM PENH - CAMBODIA
ubuntu 6.06 kernel 2.6.15 Enlightenment DR16