List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KMail attachment launch timing issue
From:       "Joshua J. Kugler" <jkugler () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2007-02-16 8:30:40

On Thursday 15 February 2007 23:20, Dennis Meulensteen said something
like:
> Hi,
> I've noticed that when i detach a file for which KDE has a launch
> program associated, it fails the first time, but not subsequently.
>
> This happens when I launch a .doc file. OpenOffice.org is launched
> and reports that the file does not exist. When I repeat the launch,
> Open office.org is re-launched and opens the attachment properly.
>
> I have had this problem with all my OpenSuse versions (10.0 - 10.2),
> it doesn't really bother me, but I still wonder if there is something
> I need to change?
>
> I couldn't find any tips for this using Google either.
>
> Any ideas? It's not urgent, just kind of weird ?!?

Are you sure you aren't moving off the message before the app is fully
launched, and then waiting longer the second time around?  As soon as
you move off the message, KMail deletes the file.  So, stay on the
message until the file is opened in the application.

Or are you having a totally unrelated problem?

Joshua J. Kugler -- Fairbanks, Alaska -- ICQ#:13706295
Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, in heaven, on earth, and
under the earth, that Jesus Christ is LORD -- Count on it!