List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Reminder for mails?
From:       Art Alexion <art.alexion () verizon ! net>
Date:       2007-01-28 13:05:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 27 January 2007 17:50, David Jarvie wrote:
> > > You can use KAlarm to display the email. Drag the email from KMail's
> > > email list onto KAlarm. KAlarm will then display the full email text on
> > > the date you select. You can set up repetitions if you wish.
> >
> > This puzzled me for a moment, until I realised that you meant I could
> > drag it to Calendar in the Kontact left-hand panel.  That's a really
> > useful thing!  I love the way new ideas keep cropping up here :-)
>
> That wasn't what I meant - KAlarm isn't part of Kontact. But if your method
> works, that's what matters.

I discovered this a while ago by accident.  Really handy when you get an email
describing an event.

One complaint that I have with it is that it only displays the To/From/Subject
in the Description.  The email is an attachment that takes several extra
steps to display, and does not sync via kpilot.  For this feature to be
valuable to me, the event info -- time place schedule directions etc. --
should be in the body of the Description/memo so that it is easily viewed and
it syncs.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @