List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Reminder for mails?
From:       Art Alexion <art.alexion () verizon ! net>
Date:       2007-02-08 14:37:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 05:10, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I discovered this a while ago by accident.  Really handy when you get an
> > email describing an event.
> >
> > One complaint that I have with it is that it only displays the
> > To/From/Subject in the Description.  The email is an attachment that
> > takes several extra steps to display, and does not sync via kpilot.  For
> > this feature to be valuable to me, the event info -- time place schedule
> > directions etc. -- should be in the body of the Description/memo so that
> > it is easily viewed and it syncs.
>
> Well, I had dragged a message into yesterday's page in korganizer, and it
> showed correctly, but the message never arrived.  How exactly did you do
> it, Art?

I'm starting to doubt if we are talking about the same thing.  Here is what I
mean.

I get some emails from a concert promoter announcing a show.  I can click on
the email in the list pane, and drag and drop it to the calendar icon on the
kontact components pane.  An event entry dialog opens up with the subject in
the Title, the To/From/Subject in the note, and the mail attached and showing
in the Attachments tab.

The title tells me a minimal amount about the event, the note tells me
nothing, and the attachment is only useful if I edit the event on the
desktop, switch to the Attachment tab, select and view the attachment.
Viewing the attachment is involved on the desktop, and impossible on the
handheld.

It is a technology with a lot of potential, but would be more useful if the
body of the email was inserted in the note instead of as an attachment.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @