List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] dial up internet access with Kmail and Konqueror
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-28 12:31:19

On Sunday 28 January 2007 13:19, PaulFransen wrote:
> It looks very much to what you describe as as failure to detect that I am
> online. It makes no difference whether I am online by dialup connection or

SUSE perchance? I had a fresh 10.2 install that didn't notice I had a working
wireless connection and hence refused to let me do anything online through
KDE applications (since they ask the online-presence manager whether I'm
online before trying anything). Obviously every non-KDE app worked fine.

KControl -> KDE Components -> Service Manager and there was something in there
to fiddle with (but Will did it for me and I didn't watch closely enough).

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/