List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] dial up internet access with Kmail and Konqueror
From:       PaulFransen <send.me () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2007-01-28 12:19:40

Sorry to reply this late and thanks very much for your comments.

I use KInternet to dial up.

It looks very much to what you describe as as failure to detect that I am
online. It makes no difference whether I am online by dialup connection or
not; in both cases KMail reports the current system time followed by:
"Transmission complete. No new messages". When KMail does detect that the
computer is online (other connection than dialup) then it mentions the
account name it has been checking: "Transmission for account [account name]
complete. No new messages"

Is there anything I can do to do some checking on what is going on?

Regards, Paul.