List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] dial up internet access with Kmail and Konqueror
From:       PaulFransen <send.me () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2007-01-28 12:31:54

Hi Kitts,

yes that is correct. However there is a slight difference as I explained in my
answer to Will Stephenson:
It makes no difference whether I am online by dialup connection or
not; in both cases KMail reports the current system time followed by:
"Transmission complete. No new messages". When KMail does detect that the
computer is online (other connection than dialup) then it mentions the
account name it has been checking: "Transmission for account [account name]
complete. No new messages"

384 kb/sec is pretty fast. It's accomplished trough the third generation
mobile networks that are being rolled out in my country. The HSDPA protocol
extension theoretically even allows for downstream speeds up to 10.8 Mb/sec.
See the interesing article by Klaas van Gend on this subject:
http://umtsmon.sourceforge.net/docs/NLUUG20060914.umts.paper.pdf

Regards, Paul.