List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Connect a LifeDrive on KPilot
From:       Graham <gct3 () blueyonder ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-11-28 9:16:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:24:44 +0100
"bruno.grimoldi@libertysurf.fr" <bruno.grimoldi@libertysurf.fr> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am a new user of Linux, and I have a PDA LifeDrive (OS not MS !).
> I want connect it on my PC, but KPilot begin the connexion but can't
> finish. Could'you help me please ?

There seems to be a problem with the "standard" version of KPilot
available with most distros, hot syncing with anything above PalmOS
version 4.

My m515 works great with KPilot (providing the daemon is running!), but
my Tungsten T (which uses PalmOS v. 5) does not.  I do not know the
PalmOS version of the LifeDrive, but being a later model it probably
uses a later version of the PalmOS.

The standard answer is to compile the latest version of KPilot from
source and see if that works, but as you are a new user to Linux, there
may be difficulties with that.  I may be able to help if you let me
know which distro you are using.

In many cases, JPilot seems to work better for me, and it has been
reported to work with the LifeDrive.  Both programs work with
pilot-link, so to get the best from either, it would be best to get the
latest version, but pilot-link is only available as source.  Here are
some URLs to give you more information:

JPilot:	http://www.jpilot.org

Pilot-Link:	http://www.pilot-link.org

HTH!