List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Sometimes my kontact/kmail "stalls" a single mail
From:       Mads Bondo Dydensborg <mads () dydensborg ! dk>
Date:       2006-11-21 9:57:26

Hi there

I have a problem, that is driving me crazy.

Sometimes, when composing a message, kmail/kontact decides to "punish" my
window. Every keypress gets a substantial delay before the letter appears in
the input window, and it is a pain to enter any text, as the visual feedback
may be delayed for several seconds.

Now, the weird thing is this: When it does so, the cpu usage increases to max,
consumed partly by kontact and partly by Xorg. (For reasons unknown to me, my
powernowd does not pick this up and increase the frequency.). This window is
now "beeing punished", and is almost impossibly to work with. However, the
weird thing is, that other windows of kmail/kontact is _not_ affected. If I
change to another window of kmail, say, one where I am writing another
letter, this will be 100% responsive. The rest of the system is 100%
responsive. But, that particular window is a pain to work with/in.

I have wordwrap enabled, but disabled spelling control.

If I end kontact/kmail, and restart it, the window will work for several
minutes, before stalling agian. Some windows never stall. As I am typing
this, my window is now about 20-25 seconds behind my typing. It is a pain.

Please advise.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads@dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by
zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed
in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement, but few can
argue with it.
- Kenneth V. Lanning, Supervisory Special Agent at the Behavioral Science
Institution and Research Unit of the FBI Academy (from Carl Sagan's, The
Demon-Haunted World)