List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kontact-Seeing all to do messages
From:       "John R. Sowden" <jsowden () americansentry ! net>
Date:       2006-11-20 22:01:47

On Mon November 20 2006 13:04, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Sunday, November 19, 2006 09:11:29 PM John R. Sowden wrote:
> > I have been using the Today program by Patrick Kincaid to keep track of
> > upcoming events, including paying bills etc.  Most of these are
> > recurring.  I am now trying to use Kontact , as I use Kmail, and am
> > trying too wean myself off of DOS.
> >
> > Today.exe has an ascii config file that lists all of the events with a
> > code to hold dates, etc.  This is very convenient, as opposed to going
> > through 12 months of to do lists to find the event that I am looking for.
>
> John,
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you want.  Can you explain a little better
> please?

Sorry-I see what youmean.  What I am looking for a 1 screen which lists all of
the todo messages in the system, do or not, due or not, so I can select each
and edit as necessary, without having to go through each month (or year) too
find them all),

> > Secondly, I am getting double resource files.  I can delete one, but I am
> > not sure if they are duplicates.  Thoughts?
>
> Hmm..  try looking in the Control Center under KDE Components->KDE
> Resources. You'll see a drop down list with a Calendar entry under the KDE
> Resources title. Make sure you don't have two Default Calendar listed
> there.  If you do please remove one of them.

Thanks-I did that-there is only one resource file for calendars but under
editing, it say to click on iCal or vCal, yet the "?" prompt on the title bar
does not distinguish between the two.
--
John R. Sowden
AMERICAN SENTRY SYSTEMS, INC.