List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] past recurring events gone
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-11-20 10:12:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 19 November 2006 22:25, Yatin Mirakhur wrote:
> On Sunday 19 November 2006 06:33, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Mine has held the settings through an overnight shutdown.  Check your
> > settings again.  I had to wrestle a bit with dates - it didn't want to
> > accept the date I put into the ending box - but eventually I persuaded it
> > and it seems to be OK now.
> >
> > For some reason, if you put any date into the start box it puts another
> > considerably earlier into the end box.  You must convince it that that is
> > not what you want.  Definitely a bug, and if we are seeing it in several
> > distros I guess it is a kde bug.
> >
> > Anne
>
> I think the problem you're having isn't a bug. When you change the start
> date of something, it changes the end date by the same proportion. So if
> you make the start date 2 days earlier than when it was, it does the same
> to the end date. That might be what you're describing?

Probably.  If it was mistakenly set to 3 months earlier than the start date,
it continues to be.  It can be quite a wrestle to get it to accept the new
dates, though, on both fields.  Meanwhile, the fact remains that working
recurrences suddenly don't work and dates have been changed, not by the user.
That *must* be a bug.  I'll see whether bugzilla reports anything about it.

Anne