List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Events in Summary View
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-22 16:57:54

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 07:44, Nathan Eckenrode wrote:
> I have Kontact set up to go to Summary view as a default and further more, I
> only allow today's events to be displayed in the Appointments sections. I
> have just reached a point where I am a little frustrated - using this section
> to give me an overview of my day is difficult because as it lists multiple
> items in this format event -  time frame, there seems to be no particular
> order to it. It would seem more intuitive to me, to have these items listed
> metaphor for the day. There is no way to configure this in the configure
> summary view. It would be nice if this could be implimented in the next big
> version. Or if someone knows a way to make it work now, that would be totally
> cool as well.

OK guys,

I finally managed to find some time to look closer at this bug and found that
the sorting algorithm didn't work quite right for recurring events.

I just committed a patch to fix this in KDE 3.5.5.

Did anyone put in a bug report about this?  I don't see any in the Kontact Summary \
bug report component.

Apparently, I need to go and fix this type of bug for to-dos (which also can be \
recurring) and in konsolekalendar.

-Allen