List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kpilot charset problems
From:       Jean Hoderd <jhoderd () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-09-09 17:30:22

Hi,

> Probably 8859-1, but it can be different in any given palm and I don't think
> there's a way to ask for the device's settings. Some are even in hebrew,
> which is funky unless you don't know about it and sync it as if it's a
> latin-1 device :(

Following Jan's advice, I've been using cp1252, and it seams to be alright.

> Fix the entries in KPilot, and those ought to overwrite the entries in the
> Pilot again, now with the correct encoding.

I fixed all entries in kpilot (quite a lot of work), but now I'm unable to
synch them back into the PalmPilot!

The problem is that all the correct addresses are now in kpilot, but when
I tell it to synch, it ignores it's own addresses, and sends the Pilot the
addresses in kaddressbook (which are all wrong).

Now, how do I tell kpilot to forget kaddressbook even exists?  This is
quite frustrating: I have all the right information in kpilot, but even
doing a "copy from PC to handheld" synch, it simply ignores it!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Jean

P.S.  Btw, why do kpilot and kaddressbook even use separate address books?