List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] The format of Inbox
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-01 13:09:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 30 June 2006 20:39, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> Am Friday 30 June 2006 16:11 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > A friend is considering changing to KMail from Evolution, and has
> > been asking me about mailbox formats.  At the moment he thinks he
> > wants to stay with mbox format.  I know that when you create
> > folders you can choose the format, but what about the
> > default-created folders like Inbox?  I don't recall any choice
> > being given, and my local Inbox is maildir.
>
> The format for those default folders switched some time ago as
> maildir is the better alternative. So they are always created as
> maildir.

... unless they already exist. So if you don't want the standard folders
to be maildir then do the following before starting KMail/Kontact for
the first time:
mkdir ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail
mkdir ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail
touch ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/{inbox,outbox,drafts,sent-mail,trash}

The touch command will create empty files and KMail will then consider
them as empty mbox folders.

Regards,
Ingo