List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Inline images
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-29 16:03:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Donnerstag, 29. Juni 2006 15:26 schrieb Art Alexion:
> Here is a question as to how we can accomplish this now.
>
> Most of the time kmail displays in-line images in-line.
> Occasionally, they appear only as attachments, and other times they
> appear as both.  I am not sure what composing method triggers what
> behavior.

I think we still miss inline images which are included in the HTML
message as background image instead of as normal image.

> Suppose I wanted to fire up Quanta and compose an HTML message.  Then
> I wanted to incorporate it into a kmail message so that most mail
> clients would display it inline.
>
> What is the best way to accomplish that?  Just save and attach?  Copy
> and paste the code into the editor?  But the latter wouldn't work for
> images.  Is there any way to make this work on the few occasions we
> need to have tables and images?

For messages with HTML tables attaching the HTML file would work. But
for images this won't work because the images won't be references by
internal ids but by their location on disk.

Regards,
Ingo