List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] K-Mail rejected because of headers?
From:       John Phillips <lonewolf () rivernet ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-06-25 1:14:42

On Sunday 25 June 2006 09:49, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Since you've already switched back to using the mail server of your ISP
> it should work now, unless your ISP's server is also blocked for some
> reason. Maybe your messages are now blocked due to your earlier
> attempts. Only cutter will be able to tell you why your messages don't
> arrive.

Switched back to SMTP, but still not getting through. (Everybody else gets
mail except this list, unfortunately!).

This is the reply from cutter:-

"Rexx is just the ISP/Data center, in relation to this we only handle the
transportation of the messages; the mailing list program itsself belongs to
PH111. Our involvement ends once your E-Mail is given into his account...
which if you get the confirmation (which comes from his program) ...
happened.

He did mention while we were tracking down the failed deliveries that he was
seeing some odd characters in your mails; perhaps those are choking his
mailing list program..."

These "odd characters" are as below:-

">> Below is what I got back.   It looks like you'll need to provide more
info
>> in terms of bounced e-mails or headers/config info.   I think you said you
>> use Linux.   Maybe your e-mail settings at that level need to be
readjusted
>> or maybe your ISP changed something.   Anyway, still nothing obvious
>> from here.

BTW, a funny character is showing up in your e-mails, e.g. where I'm
quoted above before "It looks" in the first line, before "I think" in
the second line, before "Maybe your" in the third line, and before "Anyway"
in the fourth line, i.e. at the beginning of every sentence.   It's
ASCII 194 which in my current display looks like an 'A' with a circumflex
on top and on another as a T-shaped line intersection.   I don't know
if that's having any effect but it does look weird."

Could these be the issue, and how to overcome?

Thanks for your reply, BTW.
--
Regards,

John Phillips