List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Kmail - read messages become unread after switching
From:       Alexander =?iso-8859-1?q?Schr=F6ter?= <alexander.schroeter () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-06-22 13:38:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi everybody,

I have the following problem. I use Kmail to recive my mail from a pop3
account. After I recive the mail of course it is marked as unread after I
read it or mark it as read, I can exit the directory and reenter it and it is
marked unread again.

I think I have gotten pretty close to the source of the problem, by looking at
how kmail marks messages.
What I found out, it is setting the mail's status in the folder:

quote:
/home/<username>/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox/cur

It saves the mail in Form of

quote:
1150749696.5107.z0XuX

but what it should look like when marked as read is

quote:
1150749696.5107.z0XuX:2,S

I very appreciate your help and for those who read this and cannot help with
problem solutions, it would be nice if you could post how your mails are
stored (unread and read).

I think the :2,S means 2 =user#2 which and S =Seen

Thanks a lot
And keep up the good work

Edit:
My thought that means user seems to be wrong because either ":1,S" and ":3,S"
are unseen, which they shouldn't i guess.