List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] kmail command line options
From:       Stuart Miller <stuart_miller () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2004-07-15 2:20:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I wish to send an e-mail once a day containing a file generated by a =
perl script I have written.
I can generate the message with kmail -s .....  -msg .....  but then I =
end up in the composer window. How can I go the next step and have kmail =
actually send the message? Then I could get a simple shell script to =
generate the file and send it to me (and others) each morning.

Alternate solution would be to generate the entire message with perl, =
then drop it somewhere that kmail can find it. Problem is, as I =
understand the docs, I would have to force kmail to regenerate the =
indexes, and I do not see a command line option to do this. Can I access =
the indexes with perl and modify them myself? There is also the issue of =
setting the mesage id correctly.

Second problem is with kmail itself. I have configured it to check mail =
at intervals, which it does just fine. I have also set it to send queued =
mail on checkmail. It does this when I do a manual check mail, but does =
not do it on an automatic interval checkmail. Is there some odd =
configuration item I have missed?

I have looked at some perl smtp scripts, but I am not yet experienced =
enough with perl to make those work.

Thanks

Stuart