I wish to send an e-mail once a day containing a file generated by a perl script I have written.
I can generate the message with kmail -s .....  -msg .....  but then I end up in the composer window. How can I go the next step and have kmail actually send the message? Then I could get a simple shell script to generate the file and send it to me (and others) each morning.

Alternate solution would be to generate the entire message with perl, then drop it somewhere that kmail can find it. Problem is, as I understand the docs, I would have to force kmail to regenerate the indexes, and I do not see a command line option to do this. Can I access the indexes with perl and modify them myself? There is also the issue of setting the mesage id correctly.

Second problem is with kmail itself. I have configured it to check mail at intervals, which it does just fine. I have also set it to send queued mail on checkmail. It does this when I do a manual check mail, but does not do it on an automatic interval checkmail. Is there some odd configuration item I have missed?

I have looked at some perl smtp scripts, but I am not yet experienced enough with perl to make those work.

Thanks

Stuart