List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] install problem
From:       Norman LeCouvie <lecouvie () sun ! com>
Date:       2004-07-05 13:50:41

I am trying to install the KKontact program and when I run ./configure,
I get the following error;

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

when I go to the log as suggested it says the following;

configure:2611: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2614: gcc     conftest.c  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:2617: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */