List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] status of custom fields in kaddressbook & kpilot
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2004-07-05 8:18:32

Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> On Sunday 04 July 2004 13:08, Gour wrote:
>> Oops..I've just noticed that if I change something within Kpilot's
>> Address Viewer (Edit Record), it's not synced neither with the Pilot, nor
>> with Kaddress book. Is it a bug or non-existing feature?
>
> It's a non-existing feature. We've gone and disabled all the editing
> buttons by now as well.

Ahm, actually, it's supposed to work. After all, that's what the
InternalEditorAction is for. It stores all records changed in kpilot, and
then syncs them to the handheld before any of the conduits start.

>> At the moment, one can only map Custom field to Birthdate,URL or IM, but
>> cannot change the field label, or am I missing something?
>
> Yopu can map them to "Custom field", which makes them end up in the vcard
> as X-KPILOT-CUSTOM-n, I think. Not much you can do with that in
> KAddressbook, though.

The field label on your handheld is just a setting on your handheld, which is
not stored together with the addresses. Internally, they are still just
custom fields.

Reinhold