List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] HotSync is disabled while the screen is locked.
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-04-28 15:04:00

Hi Martin,

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Martin Stubenschrott wrote:
> since about a month or so I am getting this error when syncing my Palm:
> "HotSync is disabled while the screen is locked."

That was added as a security measure. It means that when the KDE
screensaver is active, KPilot will refuse to sync the Pilot, on the
grounds that the user is "away" and somebody else is apparently attaching
a Pilot to the machine in an attempt to steal data.

> I tried the latest cvs version and the 3.2.1 release.
> Where does this error come from? (from kpilot or pilot-link or from my palm
> m515?) and any clue how to fix it?

It's got nothing to do with your hardware or other setup - but apparently
the "refuse to sync when screensaver is on" setting is _on_ in your case,
and buggy. I'll have to take a look at the code at home to see which
config option it is that you need to change.