List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Re: kdepim-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 26
From:       Fulvio <fulvio () pc ! jaring ! my>
Date:       2004-03-28 13:48:53

Alle 18:00, domenica 28 marzo 2004, kdepim-users-request@kde.org ha scritto:

> Hi Fulvio,
>
> If the phone connects through a serial cable, you might be able to use
> ttypatch (available from sourceforge) to watch the flow of data.
Unfortunately is everything like USB irda and Btooth, but no serial.
> Otherwise, some Google searches, say, on "debugging serial communications
> in linux", might be helpful.

Sure I'll try it out

> As for Kandy itself, I don't think it's under active development anymore,
> aat least not by the original author. SO if it doesn't work with a given
> phone you'll have to figure it out yourself. If the phone works with
> gnokii, you may have more success with an app based on that. I know Marcus
> Brueffer is working on a gnokii-based cellphone data manager that
> integrates into KDE.
I also downloaded gnokii, but I can't understand why it's giving me seg.fault.
BTW I went for Wammu also that has dependencies problems and I still trouble
to find out a working program. However _kandy_ is the only one that can sync
my data with other applications, like Kmail.