List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] KPilot Developer's notes for March 28th
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () cs ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-03-28 21:34:39

[Well, those that I promised a tarball this weekend will be disappointed,
since I didn't make one in the end (or maybe I did, it depends on the build
going on right now). Fixed a bunch of little things, thought I'd fixed 71122
and then discovered that conduit databases are going somewhere other than
where the viewers in kpilot can see them. Disastrous for actually fixing
71122 until I find out why.]

2004-03-28  Adriaan de Groot
* Added a "reset daemon" button. Added whatsthis help to toolbar.
* Added a "suppress confirm" option to the notes conduit, partly
  for 71122.
* Suppressed some more warnings. Fixed little buglets. Put off
  testing 71122 as long as possible.

2004-03-26  Adriaan de Groot
* Another day, another fix from Jörn.
* Backported the fix for backup settings being ignored from Sebastian V.
  (Actually, just used his original patch, which didn't use kcfgXT.
* Prevent sync when screen locked, as a security measure.
* Still haven't tested 69595 or 71122. Ugh.

2004-03-24  Adriaan de Groot
* 71122 has been top of the list for over a week - not getting around to
  it at all. Fixes elsewhere; working on getting a Linux machine up and
  running to be able to run POSE with a null-modem pseudo-device.
* Another patch from Jörn; arr, it's a learning experience!
* Removed logging weirdness in the fileinstall action.

2004-03-19  Adriaan de Groot
* Discovered that the daemon's DCOP interface disappears after one
  HotSync. Man, that's weird. Removed QString(CSL1()) constructs -
  CSL1() returns a QString already. Using DCOPClient::attach() in
  the pop conduit is a really bad idea!
* Picked bug 72251 to work on tonight. Closed another one related to
  settings not propagating properly as well.
* Minor cleanup in the log on the pilot, get conduits to start on new lines.
  Use correct name for icon. Handle FastSync correctly, don't queue all
  the extra checks for it based on the sync settings (or do we want to
  deprecate fastsync as a fNextSyncMode entirely?). At end of sync
  reset next sync to normal.

2004-03-17  Reinhold Kainhofer
* Implemented a first version of the config wizard. The code to autodetect
  the device is not yet finished, though.
* Extended the daemon DCOP interface to stop listening and start listening
  on the configured device (needed e.g. if some other application wants to
  bind to that device for some time, like the autodetect dialog needs to).
  Here, also the code for really (de-)attaching to the device is not there
  yet, just the interface to the functions.

2004-03-17  Adriaan de Groot
* Ripped out all the dead and broken and useless code in the mail
  conduit, fixed up the code that was left, reduced the size of the
  setup dialog, and ended up with something that actually works again.
  Fixed bugs  60579 and 77948.
* Yet another patch from Jörn, added him to credits, too.

2004-03-15  Adriaan de Groot
* Patches from David Mott and Jörn Ahrens today. Excellent!
* Worked on the docs and website some.

2004-03-14  Reinhold Kainhofer
* Make sure the config is really read in in the vcal conduit's setup dlg.
* also the conduit version number of the vcal conduit needs to be really
  written to the cfg file to make sure categories are really synced. So far,
  the version number was not written to the config, which resulted in a full
  sync every time!

- --
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
                     Would you like a freem?